Plan B Morning After Pills
Plan B is known as one of the best emergency contraception pill, it is also known as Morning after pill. It cosists of generic Levonorgestrel which act as chief constituent. Plan B comes under the category of the birth control pills, which is used to prevent the unwanted pregnancy occurring due to unprotected physical intercourse. It is the most effective drug and it shows the action within very short period of time. The drug should be taken only one time and should consume it as soon as possible after the unsafe interaction.
Plan B contains Levonorgestrel which is a type of hormone. It functions by preventing the ovulation (a condition in which release of an egg takes place from the ovary) in females. It also decreases the implantation of the egg in the ovary of the females.
Plan B (Morning After Pill) is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to the generic levonorgestrel, then avoid the use of this drug.
- Pregnant females and females who are breastfeeding should avoid the use of this drug.
- Females who are under the age of the 18 years should not use this drug.
- In case of breast cancer avoid the use of this drug.
Drug Interaction with the use of Plan B (Morning After Pill):
- Barbiturate drugs: Butabarbital, Mephobarbital, Amobarbital
- Anti-tuberculosis drugs as: Rifampin, Tetracycline, Ethambutol
- Antifungal drugs: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Griseofulvin
- Anti epileptic: Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
Storage Condition of Plan B (Morning After Pill):
This drug should be stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place. It should be kept away from children and pets. The drug should be kept away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
Prescribed intake of Plan B (Morning After Pill):
Plan B contains total 2 tablets, you have to take a single Plan B tablet after 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. After 12 tablets of firts Plan tablet, you have to take another tablet. Plan B tablet should be administered orally with a glassful of water.
Adverse effects of Plan B-
Some side effects may occur after the intake of Plan B such as: nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, problem in breathing and stomach cramps.
Precaution should be taken while using Plan B:
- Avoid driving after the intake of this drug as it produces somnolence and dizziness.
- This drug is not for the females who are under the age of 18 years.
- Patients who have the history of cardiac disorders should not use this drug.
- If you have vaginal bleeding due to the unknown reasons, then do not take this drug.